Flood Insurance

Flood insurance is one of the least understood property coverages. Policies covering homes, apartments, townhouses, and income properties all exclude the peril of “flood”.

When is a flood a flood? To qualify as a “flood” in insurance terms, the flood must affect two or more adjacent properties or two or more acres if the water is confined to the lot on which the insured building is located. Flood Insurance always involves ground water. Instances of leakage from a plumbing or air conditioning system are generally covered under homeowner policies.

You don't have to be in a flood zone to experience the loss of property due to flood. Your home should be protected against the peril of flood just as it is protected against any other peril such as fire, lightning, wind, or vandalism. The National Flood Insurance Program provides a maximum building coverage of $250,000 and maximum contents limit of $100,000.

We also have the capacity to secure Excess Flood Insurance (over and above the limits available through the National Flood Insurance Program) from a variety of sources.

© Howe Insurance Group. All rights reserved.
Designed and Hosted by Princeton Online